Build parent power using The COFI Way
Is El estilo COFI right for your organization?
Are you curious about how you can implement El estilo COFI in your organization? This page provides an overview of the benefits of El estilo COFI for organizations and what it takes to get started.
Benefits of The COFI Way
Incorporating El estilo COFI model of family focused organizing into your organization’s work will enable you to:
- engage parents and build their capacity to set goals, establish plans for achieving those goals, and make positive changes in their own lives.
- develop strong teams of parent leaders capable of giving voice to the needs of families in the community and taking leadership on issues critical to families.
- forge partnerships between parents and community institutions such as schools, childcare centers, and social service agencies to create a more family-friendly community.
- leverage the power and collective voice of parents to change their communities and to advocate for policies, programs, and systems that work for families.
- build connections with a national movement of parent leaders striving for economic, racial, and social justice.
Where Do We Begin?
There are key readiness factors that position organizations for successful implementation of The COFI Way. We encourage organizations to lay a strong foundation for implementation.
El estilo COFI is a three-phase model that is implemented over multiple years. We suggest organizations make an up-front commitment to the process for at least three years, with the goal of securing longer-term support.
When getting started, we suggest partners:
- ensure there is support within your organization for building the power and voice of parents.
- dedicate staff time to the organizing project.
- be willing to share power with parent leaders and support the priorities and plans that emerge from the parent organizing.
Are You Ready?
Yes, I am/my organization is interested in making a long-term commitment to build parent power! Click the button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Or you can take a look at our Próximos Entrenamientos.)